As you stand at the Plum Creek kids check-in counter, pray for the children, students, and families that come into contact with our church and the Kids at the Creek Daycare.
Here are some specific ideas of what to pray.
- Pray for the workers to be examples of Christ to
the kids and families they encounter.
- Pray for the lives of these families to come to know Christ.
- Pray for the families to feel welcome in this building.
- Pray for the families who know Christ to grow deeper in relationship with God this year.
- Pray for strength and power over families that they made lay the foundation to lead our kids to Christ and stand firm on that foundation into adulthood.
- Pray they will know the love of Christ through our volunteers and leaders and to love God with all their hearts. Pray for their encouragement to keep fighting the good fight and lead our children to know and love Christ deeply.
- Pray for our children to come to know Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Pray for them to choose the right kind of friends. Develop relationships around them that are rooted in Christ and help them grow closer to God.
- Pray for spiritual stability through tough times for our children and their families.
- Pray for physical and mental protection over parents and children.
- Pray for God to restore and heal brokenness in families. (See more prayer ideas in the Family room – room 104)
- Pray for them to have a deep desire for God’s word.
- Pray for discernment to know the truth and discern the difference between God’s word versus the world.
- Pray for their continued connection to the body of Christ.
- Pray for our children to know their identity and worth in Christ and not the ways of this world.
- Pray for God to give them compassion and love for others.
- Pray for families to be strengthened and prioritize their relationship with God over the desires of this world.
- Pray as our Next Gen ministries grow that Plum Creek members will step up to serve in these areas to allow God’s growth to flourish in our church.
- Pray for the teachers in our local schools who are believers to be strengthened and encouraged to stand firm in the school system to shine God’s light into the hearts of the children they encounter. (See more prayer ideas in the school classroom – room 105)
- Pray for strongholds and barriers to be removed from parents and their kids minds so the path to God be made clear to them.
- Pray to raise up the Next Generation of kids to boldly serve in the Kingdom of God.
- Pray for our obedience as parents to God’s word and that we may be examples of Christ in our daily lives.
Pray these Scriptures over our children, students, and parents:
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen our children with power through his Spirit in their inner being, so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith. And I pray that they, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that our children may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Put on the full armor of God, so that parents and their children can take a stand against the devil’s schemes. Remember our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, authorities, and powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes with the gospel of peace. Take up your shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Pray to be alert and always praying for all the Lord’s people.